Moneris’ Hosted Pay Page Solution allows you as a merchant to securely accept payment information from your customers. This is one of the simplest integration methods to accept payments on your website. A few simple lines of coding will allow you to get started with your online payments.
Benefits of using Hosted Pay Page vs. Application-Programming Interfaces:
- Minimal development required to accept payments within your online business.
- Sensitive payment details (i.e. Card Numbers, AVS, CVD) are collected and submitted by Moneris.
- Significant reductions in achieving and maintaining PCI compliance.
- Fraud-reduction features are available and require minimal development. These tools include:
- Verified by Visa (VbV)
- MasterCard SecureCode (MCSC)
- Address Verification (AVS)
- Card Verification Digits (CVD)
- Moneris’ Transaction Risk Monitoring Tool (TRMT).
- Merchant accounts supporting these fraud-reduction features will automatically have them available to their Hosted Pay Page.
- SSL certificate is recommended at all times when accepting cardholder details through your site.
The Hosted Pay Page requires a redirect of cardholders during checkout to a payment page which is hosted on Moneris’ secure servers. Merchants have the option to embed the payment form within an iFrame on their checkout page. The Hosted Pay Page still resides on Moneris’ secure servers but the transition to the Moneris secure page is invisible to the cardholder.
- Cardholder visits website, selects items and checks out.
- Cardholder selects a method of payment.
- Merchant’s website redirects cardholder to secure Moneris Hosted Pay Page.
- Cardholder enters payment information and clicks submit.
- Cardholder details are sent through the Moneris gateway to the card associations for authorization
- The message will travel through MasterCard or Visa’s data processing networks. The card number and expiry date is sent through the corresponding network to the cardholder’s issuing bank.
- The cardholder’s bank reviews the authorization request and sends the authorization response.
- Moneris returns the response to either the merchant to display the final receipt or will provide a receipt on the merchant’s behalf.
- Cardholder receives confirmation of order through merchant’s website.
The Convenience Fee program was designed to allow merchants to offer the convenience of an alternative payment channel to the cardholder at a charge. This applies only when providing a true “convenience” in the form of an alternative payment channel outside the merchant’s customary face-to-face payment channels. The convenience fee will be a separate charge on top of what the consumer is paying for the goods and/or services they were given, and this charge will appear as a separate line item on the consumer’s statement.
The Moneris Hosted Tokenization (HT) was designed as a solution for online e-commerce merchants that do not wish to handle credit card information directly on their websites and also have the ability to fully customize their check-out webpage’s appearance. When HT is initiated, the Moneris payment gateway will present and display on the merchant’s behalf, a text-box on the check-out page for card number entry. Optionally, within the HT iframe, a text box for the expiration date and CVD data can be displayed as well along with the card number text box. The cardholder can then securely enter their credit card information into the text-boxes within the iframe. Upon submission of the payment information on the check-out page the Moneris gateway will return a temporary token to the merchant, representing the credit card information. This token would then be used by the merchant to process a financial transaction directly with Moneris to charge the card. Upon receiving a response to the financial transaction, the merchant would then generate a receipt and allow the cardholder to continue on with the online shopping experience.
A benefit of integration with Moneris’ Hosted Tokenization is the solution will reduce a merchant’s PCI-compliance assessment scope due to the fact that credit card numbers are not captured nor stored by the merchant’s site.
Hosted Vault Account Registration and Update (HVARU)
The Hosted Vault Account Registration & Update Page (HVARU) was designed as a solution for those merchants that do not wish to handle client’s credit card or account information. When a transaction is initiated the transaction specific information is sent to Moneris gateway's HVARU via an HTTP POST. The cardholder can then securely enter their account information. Upon submission Moneris gateway will forward the cardholder and the response back to the merchant’s site so that further action can be taken by the merchant website. Also, upon receiving the response the merchant can perform a Transaction Verification to ensure that the response is from a legitimate request.
The Hosted Vault Account Registration & Update Page will not send any financial transactions, its use is to register and update account information only. The data returned from the HVARU account registration and update is to be used in conjunction with the Vault API of your choice. The APIs are capable of sending financial transactions, and updating account information. For PCI reasons some merchant accounts may be unable to alter the financial account portions of the account through the API; however, updating all other parts of a registered account is possible.
For all Hosted Solutions; You have the ability to use other integration methods available through Moneris Gateway such as an API or Batch File Upload to process follow-on transactions such as Captures, Voids or Refunds which are not available using the Hosted Pay Page. The Merchant Resource Center can also be used to process such follow-on transactions.